Membership in MOHJO isn't just about collecting points. Some of the other benefits of membership are:
Annual Awards Party that includes
- High Point Hunter, Jumper and Equitation Awards
- Champion and Reserve Ribbons and prizes
- Ribbons for 3rd through 6th place in those same divisions
- Excellent Silent Auction and Raffles
- A fun time with your barn family and friends
Annual Trainers meeting to obtain input to help promote and improve MOHJO and St. Louis area horse shows and classes.
Online Trainer Directory with links to member Trainer websites.
MOHJO sponsored clinics and events.
MOHJO’s annual point recap provides good documentation to provide to:
- Applications for Junior riders interested in colleges with equestrian programs
- Equine Insurance companies requesting show histories to support horse valuation
All MOHJO rated schooling shows receive the same points as USHJA/USEF Rated shows, so riders competing at schooling shows have the same opportunity to earn annual points as those that compete at Rated shows. Click here to see how the MOHJO point system is applied.
MOHJO selects Sportsmanship award winners each year from its membership, recognizing trainers and riders who encourage the Hunter/Jumper community.
Rider Nominations can be made with or without horse ownership.
- If you ride a school horse at your barn, you only need to submit the rider information on the nomination form. As a rider, you will receive points in the Equitation classes only.
- School horses must be nominated separately to accrue points in the Hunter classes; points go to the owner.
- Click on the nomination form attached to this page to nominate a horse or rider or both!
Click here to see the list of horses nominated for this year.
Click here to see a list of all the current MOHJO members.
Click here to see the 2020 Membership form.